Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Prayers for contemplation on 3-21-06

The Light of God* with me, The Light of God before me,
The Light of God behind me, The Light of God within me,
The Light of God beneath me, The Light of God above me,
The Light of God at my right, The Light of God at my left,
The Light of God in the fort,
The Light of God in the chariot seat,
The Light of God in the poop [deck],
The Light of God in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,
The Light of God in the mouth of everyone who speaks to me,
The Light of God in every eye that sees me,
The Light of God in every ear that hears me.

--from The Prayer of Saint Patrick


As I walk, as I walk
The universe is walking with me
In beauty it walks before me
In beauty it walks behind me
In beauty it walks below me
In beauty it walks above me
Beauty is on every side
As I walk, I walk with Beauty.

--Native American (Navajo) Prayer

* (I've seen it as God, Light of God, and Christ--take your pick.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for leaving a comment.

Everything but spam and abusive comments are welcome. Logging in isn't necessary but if you don't then please "sign" at the end of your comment. You can choose to receive email notifications of new replies to this post for your convenience, and if you find it interesting don't forget to share it. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...