Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The highest motive is to be like water


The first line of the dedication of merit for a Buddhist service I had the chance to attend for a while when I was in Pittsburgh began, "The highest motive is to be like water." I was recently reminded of that verse, and more recently I mentioned the (late) Venerable Shih Shen Lung recently, who was the dharma teacher for the monk who had established the sangha in which I practiced. I was looking up something from the website of Shen Lung's sangha, and I found this image overlayed with the verse. In turn it is offered it to all the visitors who pass through here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for leaving a comment.

Everything but spam and abusive comments are welcome. Logging in isn't necessary but if you don't then please "sign" at the end of your comment. You can choose to receive email notifications of new replies to this post for your convenience, and if you find it interesting don't forget to share it. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...