Thursday, May 21, 2009

So you think can be inspirational

From tonight's premier of Fox's So You Think You Can Dance, judge Nigel Lythgoe has this reaction to routine by a young woman with thoracic chondrodysplasia (the cartilage which would become her thoracic vertebrae didn't form properly, leaving her too few vertebrae and her head essentially sticking out of her shoulders)...

"The bravery that you have to come on a show, like this, is stunning to me. I mean it just--It is one of those things, that -- I mean you've grown up with it all of your life. You've grown up with it so whatever you've had to face, you faced it, and you've moved on in your life. Not only have you moved on and accepted it you've said 'Right, well I'm going to push this body I've been given in ridiculous areas. I'm going to go dancing, I'm going to do this, I'm going to do that.' For the people in this life that sit on their asses and say 'I can't do this', 'I can't do that', 'I can't do the other', they should look at you and be inspired by you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for leaving a comment.

Everything but spam and abusive comments are welcome. Logging in isn't necessary but if you don't then please "sign" at the end of your comment. You can choose to receive email notifications of new replies to this post for your convenience, and if you find it interesting don't forget to share it. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...