Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My first Ash Wednesday and another step toward Oblation

Tonight will be my first Ash Wednesday service. I just met with our priest this afternoon to discuss where I am in my spiritual journey so I don't feel like an utter hypocrite or some blasphemous crack-pot heretic as I look toward my upcoming confirmation. It's not that I would betray my conscience to fit in, and I am used to being on the edges, pushing boundaries and making some folks nervous, in nearly everything I do. But the Episcopal Church and our local parish really do mean it when they say "Wherever you are on your spiritual journey, you are welcome here." It looks like I will be enthusiastically endorsed and supported in completing my application process to be part of a Benedictine community as well is in embarking on a year of oblation with them, although it is still uncertain exactly when it is that year will formally begin. It looks like May could be out, which would then suggest I wouldn't be admitted until the end of October. Wish me luck!

UPDATE:

See this update about the outcome of my application.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for leaving a comment.

Everything but spam and abusive comments are welcome. Logging in isn't necessary but if you don't then please "sign" at the end of your comment. You can choose to receive email notifications of new replies to this post for your convenience, and if you find it interesting don't forget to share it. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...